Benue Links Nigeria, a transport company owned by the state government, has strongly condemned a deadly attack on one of its buses. The attack happened on Thursday evening as the bus was traveling from Makurdi to Otukpo.
According to a statement by the company’s Information Officer, Ehi Daniel, the bus was ambushed near Otukpo Burnt Bricks by armed men suspected to be Fulani herdsmen.
Sadly, the bus driver, Mr. Samuel Agege, and a passenger sitting in the front seat were shot and killed. The attackers also tried to kidnap the other passengers. Three of them managed to escape, while one passenger had already gotten off the bus earlier in Taraku before the attack.
The company expressed deep sorrow over the incident. “We send our heartfelt condolences to the families of those who died and stand with those whose loved ones are still missing,” the statement said.
Benue Links also mentioned that they are working closely with security agencies, who are actively trying to rescue the kidnapped passengers. The company thanked the law enforcement officers for their quick response and said they trust in their efforts to bring the victims back safely.

